Information we collect
On the Beachh collects a variety of information, some of which is collected automatically and other information which is provided by you.
Information collected automatically
When you use On the Beachh, we automatically collect and store certain information. This information includes:
1. Geographic Location – Your mobile device’s geographic location when you first register for On the Beachh through our mobile app. This information is only collected after your consent has been provided to the prompt shown on device.
2. Device Information – On the Beachh collects device Token and device type (iOS/Android) for sending personal push notification to each user.
3. Contacts – In order to qualify for premium membership at $0 cost, On the Beachh offers an option to invite a friend through text message. This requires On the Beachh to access your contacts on your mobile device. Please note, we will NEVER store any of your contacts or share this information with a third party.
Information you choose to provide
When you use On the Beachh, there is certain information which you choose to provide as part of your account creation.
1. Information We Obtain from LinkedIn – In order to register for On the Beachh, you are required to sign in using your LinkedIn login. If you do so, you are authorizing us to access certain LinkedIn account information, including your First Name, Last Name and Company Name. Your LinkedIn Login ID will not be shared with any third party and is only stored for “administrative” (e.g., confirming your registration, notifying of matches) purposes. Since we are utilizing a LinkedIn provided service for your LinkedIn login, your LinkedIn password is never made available to On the Beachh. We will NEVER post anything to your LinkedIn account. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to On the Beachh including service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages) without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
2. Information We Obtain from Facebook – As part of completing your account setup, you must select a profile picture. One of the options presented to select a profile picture is through utilizing your Facebook account. By authorizing On the Beachh to access your Facebook account, you are allowing On the Beachh access to your Facebook gallery, profile name, internally assigned userID (this is not the same as your login email/username) and your login email/phone number. Only your internal Facebook userID and pictures which are selected to be displayed as part of your Profile will be stored. We will NEVER post anything to your Facebook profile. Since we are utilizing a Facebook provided service to access your Facebook information, your Facebook password is never made available to On the Beachh.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When registering for On the Beachh, you are asked to provide certain information, including your Age, Gender, Height, Base Location, looking for (match preference), and picture. You are offered various options to upload a picture including uploading from gallery (this allows you to select a photo from your phone’s gallery), camera (this options allows you to click a new picture of yourself for upload), and via Facebook (with your consent, this option accesses your Facebook albums allowing you to select pictures for upload). On the Beachh does not access any of your device images without permission or user action. This information is required in order for you to complete your profile setup. Once your profile setup has been completed, you may provide additional information about yourself (elevator pitch, client pet peeve, match preference) in order to build your On the Beachh profile. This information is strictly optional. Any information that you have provided as part of your profile can be seen by potential matches. While using On the Beachh, the services provided by the app including but not limited to chat messages are also stored.
Deleting Profile – You can opt to delete your profile at any point in time from the Preferences tab. This action is triggered once the users confirms the deletion of their profile by selecting “Confirm” on the prompt once the “Delete Profile” button has been clicked. Once the profile has been deleted, associated information for that user may be removed from the database. If a user wishes to sign up for the service once their profile has been deleted, they will need to go through the registration process from the beginning.
All the information collected and stored in the database can be used together to identify the user via the LinkedIn profile, in order to provide support in case of any technical grievance.
How we use the information
1. facilitate matches with other On the Beachh users
2. provide customer service by responding to your comments and questions
3. communicate with you over e-mail about On the Beachh and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you
4. monitor and analyze your trends, usage, and activities
5. investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities
6. enforce and exercise our terms and conditions
7. improve On the Beachh and our overall business
Enhance our product and match making algorithm – In addition to the uses outlined above, by using On the Beachh, you agree to allow us to anonymously use your information and experiences to continue our research into building successful relationships. This research may be published in our website or blogs. However, all of your information will be kept anonymous, and we guarantee that no personal information will be published.
Sharing Your Information
The information collected by On the Beachh is utilized to improve your On the Beachh experience and the quality of the product. We will not otherwise share your personal information to/with any other party for commercial purposes without your permission. However, there are certain instances where this information may be shared:
1. Service Providers – We may share information including personal and financial information with our third party service providers that support our business operations including but not limited to customer service, analytics and usage, security and technology, and payment processing. These service providers may have access to personal information to perform their functions but are NOT PERMITTED to share the provided information for any other purposes.
2. Legal Disclosures – We may share your information without notice or consent from you (a) in response to a subpoena, court order, request from a law enforcement or other government agency (b) to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding illegal activity (c) to protect and defend our company (d) to guarantee the safety of our employees and to enforce our rights or defend claims.
3. Business Transfers – We may also share your information without notice or consent from you when dealing a business transfer in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregate Data. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We may share aggregated non-personal information we have gathered with third parties including advisors, advertisers and investors for the purposes of conducting general business analysis.
Updating or Removing Account Information
You may review or edit your profile by clicking on profile icon. If you would like to have us delete your account information, please select “Delete Profile” under the Profile Preferences. Once this option is selected, all your account information on file will be deleted.
We do not target or allow persons under 18 years of age to use On the Beachh, and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from persons under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at email@example.com, and we will take immediate action to deleting such information from our files.
Securing Your Personal Information
Protecting your personal information is extremely important to us. Although we take significant precautions in safeguarding your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information due to several factors including but not limited to unauthorized entry, and hardware or software failure.
Using our Service from outside the United States
How to Contact Us